DHRN Advisory Committee
The DHRN is overseen by an 11 member, volunteer Advisory Committee with geographic representation from disability and health care communities throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, the Okanagan, and Northern BC. This team includes disability health researchers from BC's major universities, representatives from the disability community, and a provincial government representative.
It is the role of the DHRN Advisory Committee to provide advice, guidance, and recommendations to the DHRN Co-Leaders and Administrative Team on all Network material assigned for their review. They are responsible for approving all significant Network activities and strategic direction. All key decisions for the Network will be approved by majority vote of the Advisory Committee.
DHRN Advisory Committee Members
- Dr. Hugh Anton, MD, FRCPC; Clinical Associate Professor, UBC Division of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Dr. Gary Birch, Executive Director, Neil Squire Society; Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, UBC; Principal Investigator, ICORD
- Dr. Janice Eng, PhD, BSc (PT/OT); Associate Professor, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, UBC; Rehab Research Lab, GF Strong Rehab Centre
- Dr. Henry Harder, R.Psych.; Associate Professor; Chair, Disability Management; Chair, Psychology; UNBC
- Dr. Jacek Kopec, MD, PhD; Associate Professor, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, UBC
- Dr. Nigel Livingston, Director, University of Victoria Assistive Technology Team (UVATT)
- Dr. Chris McBride, Managing Director, ICORD. UBC
- Mr. John Phillips, Executive Director, Social Development Policy Office, BC Ministry of Health
- Ms. Emese Szucs, Manager of Accessibility Programs, Social Planning and Research Council of British Columbia (SPARC BC)
- Dr. Theo van Rijn, MD, FRCPC; Medical Director, Rehabilitation and Ambulatory Care Services, Vancouver Acute; Chair, UBC Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UBC, GF Strong Rehab Centre, SGAGA Clinic
- Dr. James Watzke, PhD; Dean, Applied Research; Director, Technology Centre & Dr. Tong Louie Living Laboratory, British Columbia Institute of Technology
Last updated August, 2006