- Browse By:
- Area of Expertise
- Add yourself to the directory
The DHRN was overseen by an eight member, volunteer advisory/oversight committee with geographic representation from disability and health care communities throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, the Okanagan, and Northern B.C. This team included disability health researchers from B.C.'s major universities and representatives from the BC disability community.
It was the role of the DHRN Advisory/Oversight Committee to provide advice, guidance, and recommendations to the DHRN Co-Leaders and administrative team on all network material assigned for their review. The committee is responsible for approving all significant network activities and strategic direction. All key decisions for the network are approved by majority vote of the DHRN Advisory Committee.
The DHRN leadership is jointly shared between:
Co-Director, the Centre for Social,Spatial and Economic Justice
Graduate Co-ordinator Human Geography, Community Culture and Global Studies, UBC Okanagan Campus
Executive Director of Translational Research, Rick Hansen Institute
Associate Professor with the Department of Orthopaedics, UBC Vancouver Campus
ICORD Faculty member, Human Discovery Science
Dr. Lawrence Berg, Dr. Bonita Sawatzky and Dr. Chris McBride bring diverse research interests to the DHRN. They believe that strong interpersonal, facilitation and inter-disciplinary leadership skills will lead to successful research and network building experiences.
It is the primary responsibility of the DHRN Co-Leaders to work closely with both the DHRN Advisory Committee and administrative team with the goal of translating the vision of the DHRN into a reality.
DHRN Advisory/Oversight Committee Members
- Dr. Hugh Anton , MD, FRCPC; Clinical Associate Professor, UBC Division of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Dr. Gary Birch , Executive Director, Neil Squire Society; Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, UBC; Principal Investigator, ICORD
- Dr. Valorie Crooks , PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Tania Lam , Assistant Professor, Human Kinetics, UBC
- Dr. Rachelle Hole , PhD, MSW, Assistant Professor, UBC Okanagan, School of Social Work, Faculty of Health & Social Development
- Dr. Jacek Kopec , MD, PhD; Associate Professor, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, UBC
- Jennifer Scrubb , Consultant and past Executive Director, Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Dr. Lara Boyd , Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, UBC Faculty of Medicine